Monday, February 1, 2016

Honey Wine (Mead)

I wanted to try something I never thought I would. Every now and then I enjoy an adult beverage. Thinking to myself, I cannot have processed foods or drink, I would make some.
I used fruit juice, I froze making a fruit salad at Christmas.
Thought I would make a fruit cake, (the old fashion way, fermented) but there is still time to get the starter for that. At least a month. lol

I don't want to use purchased yeast, if it sits from now until Valentine Day, it should catch it's own wild yeast and can go from there.

Just a small batch, about 1/2 gallon.


 
 
I hope to balloon it on Valentine Day and it be ready in November for our anniversary.
 
That's all for now, hope you've had a tolerable winter.
 
 
til next time,
 
connie
 
 
~ ~
*
 
 
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment